EDIT: Sharebee used to be reasonably okay, but now it’s a disaster. I’m trying something new. Let me know if there are any problems with this service.
As it is the start of a year, I am sure I am not the only one dusting off an old blog and trying to make a better start of it. 2011 is going to be a task-led year, but to make it more appealing I am not forcing myself to do any more than I can handle and I have built an engine to decide the tasks for me. The first was to create a mixtape and, given that I so often put myself to shame with a lack of awareness of what is going on in the world of music in spite of being so well connected with music bloggers and musicians and myself a long-term radio presenter, I was keen to throw something together to show what I have noticed.
OFCK! Vol. 1 is a collection of the songs I have most enjoyed that I have played on the 2010/11 Autumn Term season of radio shows presented by Old Fridges Can Kill. I have tried to include as many songs from 2010 as possible, but there are a few older tracks in there as well. A few songs I really wanted to include I could not as they are not on the laptop from which this has been written and the mix assembled, but the playlist wound up packed to capacity anyhow.
So, allow me to present, without any further ado, OFCK! Vol. 1 (click the cover to download, via
Disclaimer: This collection is for sampling purposes only. If you enjoy any of the tracks, please support the artists behind them. If you own the copyrights for any of the tracks herein and wish them to be removed, contact me and I will make this happen as expediently as possible (usually within 24 hours).
A full tracklist with links to the artists can be found behind the jump.
- Old Fridges Can Kill – This is the Sound
- Bob Dorough – Three is a Magic Number
- Bob Marley & the Wailers – Small Axe
- Matthew Friedberger – Shirley
- Local Natives – Who Knows Who Cares
- Daft Punk – Crescendolls
- Jeffrey Lewis – Octopus’s Garden
- Diablo Swing Orchestra – Balrog Boogie
- Mew – Apocalypso
- The Magnetic Fields – Strange Eyes
- Marah – Demon of White Sadness
- (The Real) Tuesday Weld – Bathtime in Clerkenwell
- Pig with the Face of a Boy – A Complete History of the Soviet Union, Through the Eyes of a Humble Worker
- The Cure – Lullaby
- Tom Waits – Heigh Ho
- Radiohead – Bodysnatchers
- The Decemberists – Down by the Water
- Flying Lotus – Kill Your Co-Workers
- Kanye West – Runaway Love (Remix feat. Justin Bieber & Raekwon)
- Hissy Fit – Outdoor Life
- Pogo – Wishery
- Aphex Twin – Flim